Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Lumbering Lump of Lard

Tonight I returned to the Five-a-Sides fray after two weeks away (the Xannakis concert and the Spanish trip taking precedence). To be fair, it was only my second game this year but I'm getting awfully old (and am too fat really) to keep playing much longer.

I'm at least 10-12 years older than anyone else on the pitch (other than when my old chum Mr James Sebastian Park - comedian of this parish www.toecurler.com takes to the pitch), and the youngest players might be almost 30 years younger than me - but inside I'm still the deadly finishing maestro I was until even around 5 years ago.

To make matters worse I now seem to have developed some kind of in-growing toenail type scenario on my goalden right foot. Anne's on at me to see a chiropodist, or at least the doctor, so I reluctantly agree to make an appointment tomorrow - but I'll probably forget as the pain in my toe reduces overnight...

p.s. I did score two goals although my team "The Darks" finally succumbed to "The Lights", 10-8 after a hard fought 60 minutes, during which my famous "cowering-little-old-lady" goalkeeping technique was much to the fore...

No comments: