Sunday, June 25, 2017

Mitigating mackerel is not easy...

Playlist
Konono N°1 - Congotronics
Ali Farka Touré - Radio Mali
Julee Cruise - Floating Into The Night
Tomat - 01-06 June
Niagara - Don't Take It Personally
Orka - Leipzig
Liars - Mess

Up reasonably early...

Weather looked good...


So I decided to stay in and sort out my CDs, soundtracked in the main by yesterday's purchases...

First, I removed two sections of jazz...


...to the window sill...


Then made my around the room, integrating around a year and half''s worth of acquisitions worth of discs into the rock & pop A-Z...


As I made my way around...



...the number of empty sections decreased...






  ...until...



...after just over two hours...


...the task was complete...


...only for me to then discover I'd missed around a dozen or so discs from the very start of the alphabet...

Hmmm...

Next time...

Out to the hospital...

And a walk from a free parking spot...







Mum was disappointed with her efforts for her walk...


...and so took a second shot at matters...


Ice cream was provided by her favourite son...

OK, only son...

Back to the car...


..and home via Sainsbury, where tea provisions were secured - mackerel fillets and potato cakes, which I cooked with onions...


Very tasty but, subsequently, the house stank of fish...

Back upstairs to integrate the jazz acquisitions from the last 18 months...


...which took less time, there being fewer CDs of that ilk...

More episodes of "Supernatural" enjoyed, as was a fleeting visit from Tiger the Cat - I'd opened the windows and doors to try and mitigate the mackerel...

And then, the film "Looper"...

I do like a bit of time travel hokem...

As the sun went down...




...I went around the house closing all the windows and doors, having failed miserably in my attempt to mitigate the mackerel...

As I entered the bedroom, who should I find but a cheeky wee Fang the Black Cat...


I allowed him to stay till midnight, before putting him out the window...

Lights out...

Highlight of the Day : Long overdue CD integration...

No comments: