Friday, February 03, 2012

Haydn, well let him come out...

Cloudland Blue Quartet – Track of the Day
“Here Comes Mr Nice pt 2” from “Callingstill” (1997)


Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Starlightnight
Haydn – Paris Symphonies

Not too much pain in the place where the wayward tooth once was and, by this evening, the ankle seemed back to normal - the lurgi too have retreated...

In town, a record fair at the Roxburgh Hotel attracted...

A box of Harnoncourt Haydn symphonies (68 + 93-104) was noted but not purchased...

Later on though...



...on my way for the bus home, i noted the doors remained open...

I popped back in and the 5CD box was purchased for just eight of your English pounds...

Back home, on inspecting all other discs I have of Haydn symphonies, I discovered I have all but one of those included in this new box, although these are the first Harnoncourt versions to enter the collection...

Not to worry...

In the evening, a tasty curry, vegetable pathia for me - a nice, refreshing change following all the recent lamb ones I’ve been choosing...

Finished off “The Killing II” with the final three episodes – a third series is in production apparently...

Highlight of the Day : The Killing and the Indian...

No comments: