Thursday, February 04, 2010

Zeit verschwenden...

Playlist
Various – Recent Albums on Shuffleplay
Various – Gym MP3s
Firewind – Allegiance
Serenity – Fallen Sanctuary
Eclipse – Are You Ready to Rock
Theory of a Deadman – Scars and Souvenirs
Depeche Mode – Enjoy the Silence (Deep Dish Growling Mix)
Dubfire – Sirius Area 33 : 20 06 07 DJ Set

No listens to the music of my No 1 favourite Alice Cooper, who is 62 today...

But another wander around HMV – is that all I do with my life? Visit record shops?

While I emerged empty handed, Prog Rock Willie kindly supplied me with 5 new discs by bands I’ve never heard of...

Back home and back to the gym for tonight’s workout – I seem to stress out if I get the notion when using one machine that all available versions of the next machine to be used are taken and that I might end up standing around waiting for one to become available and wasting my time...

This from a man who wastes an inordinate amount of time wandering around record shops...

But surely a record shop wander is a better waste of time than standing in a smelly gym waiting for a machine to be freed up?

Post gym and pasta based dinner, the new prog-based discs from Willie are very entertaining – it’s amazing there are so many quite excellent musicians on the planet who receive so very little recognition of their talents...

I do not include myself amongst them...

In a completely different musical direction, a heads up today from collaborator Craig Sutherland, co-writer on half my last album, sent me looking for material by ace remixers Deep Dish...

Meg the Black Cat helped me in my search and we had soon snaffled a Depeche Mode remix and a DJ session...



These recordings gave me an idea of how Craig thinks Mr CBQ’s future music should sound...

I must say if it were to end up sounding anything like this, I would be very pleased – but would never see myself playing live again...

On TV “Grand Designs”, “Mock the Week” (somehow emasculated now without Frankie Boyle), “The Big Bang Theory” and “This Week” entertained...

Lights out with Deep Dish on the cans...

Highlight of the Day : New music...

No comments: