Sunday, November 10, 2019

Dig those rock star slippers, baby...

Playlist
School of Seven Bells - Alpinisms
Betts - Asahi (Sappow Remix)
Orion Tango - Orion Tango
Orion Tango - The Apple of No
The Thing - Shake
Gilad Atzmon - The Spirit of Trane
John Cage - 4'33"
James Rhodes - Fire on All Sides
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Disquietmusik
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Disquietmusik II
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Disquietmusik III
Roger Waters - Is This the Life We Really Want?

Up reasonably early for a Sunday...


Got this up to date (again - well, apart from some of the days in Hamburg that is - soon, soon)...

Listening to the iPod that still works - while researching options for the one that doesn't...


The view from the office this morning I...


II


Went for a croissant for Anne plus rolls for my mum...

Came back, had breakfast...

Decided it was time to record the third in my annual series of "Disquietmusik"....

First of all, I used the random number generator and a couple of art books to select titles for the not even created yet tracks...

And created the cover for the as yet non-existent LP...

Then, I recorded 8 guitar improvisations...



...before we headed off out to visit my mum...

We took her a Portuguese tart...

Mmmm...

I tried to be positive about everything instead of critical, which is hard, given her propensity for nonsense - like her opining, when I pointed out that Jesus was both black and Jewish, "it couldn't get much worse than that, son"...

Old people and their racism and bigotry...

 She was in fine fettle...

Back home, via the purchase of a chicken by Anne at Tesco...


...which she put that in the oven, I finished off the last 2 of my 10 tracks...


Dig those rock star slippers, baby...



 Then I took them to the computer for mixing and treatment, added them to iTunes, created MP3s, added those to my phone for a first full playback listen...

Sounding good...

Chicken, broccoli and chips for tea...

Then we watched the next four episodes of “Spiral” till midnight...

I retired, again listening back to my new music – which did not exist in any form whatsoever prior to today…

Now that's what I call a good Sunday...

Apart from the racism and bigotry...

Highlight of the Day : New soundscape album in the can...

No comments: