Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Notes of blue...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Morphinecodex
Capital Models - Live 29 November 2014
Bjorn Riis - Lullabies In A Car Crash
Sam Rivers - Dimensions & Extensions
Various - 50 Best Of Blue Note

The advent calendar continues and it's getting to be a bit like Xmas...



In Fopp at lunchtime, a chance Blue Note find in Sam Rivers' 1967 set "Dimensions and Extensions" was acquired and this led me, this evening, back into the world of this favourite of mine jazz label...

I have over 300 of their releases and, tonight, I updated my list of them so I could ensure I have all the titles currently available at Fopp for just three of your English pounds...

Just under twenty of those 300 or so are CD-R burns of discs borrowed from the music library...

My task now is to replace those burns with the real McCoy if I can...

I also noted some Weather Report titles not "really" in the collection as ther is a sale of those at Fopp too it would appear...

This how I waste my time and money...

Lights out 'round midnight...

Highlight of the Day : Blue Note...

No comments: