Sunday, December 07, 2014

Not yet remembered...

Playlist
Various - 1972 Hit Singles Vol 1 January to May
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Morphinecodex
Cloudland Blue Quartet - HSQ G17 5 III 42
Mertens - Retrospectives - Volume 1
The Edinburgh Quartet - Frontiers and Bridges
Clifford Jordan - Blowing In From Chicago
Paul McCartney & Wings - London Town
Paul McCartney & Wings - Singles 1972-1977
Yes - Like It Is
David Bowie - Nothing Has Changed
David Bowie - The Next Day
John Grant - Pale Green Ghosts
Transatlantic - Kaleidoscope
Piano Interrupted - The Unified Field
Spock's Beard - Brief Nocturnes And Dreamless Sleep
Ich + Ich - Vom Selben Stern
Dido - Girl Who Got Away
Peter Hammill - ...All That Might Have Been...
Various - The Real Birth Of Fusion
Various - The Real Birth Of Fusion 2
Various - Ambient Music: FB

Today I realised I'd forgotten a couple of things...

Firstly, that the new album stared off as an experiment re treating a short movement from a Haydn string quartet, back in August 2013...

Secondly, on the way home on Friday, I was reading an obituary for Jeremy Thorpe whilst walking down the road, stopping outside the back gate to finish it off, before entering the garden...

The house was in darkness and the light on the back wall, which is usually on at all times when there is no sunlight, was not on and, in fact, appeared to have been removed...

It was too dark to see if the back door was open or closed...

I began to fear the worst...

Then, a security light next to the kitchen window came on - a light I could not remember us ever having installed there - and there was steam coming out of a vent in the porch that I'd never noticed before...

It honestly crossed my mind that I had somehow entered a parallel universe...

However, as I looked again towards the back gate, I realised I'd turned into the street parallel to ours but one closer to the bus terminus...

I was in the garden of the wrong house...

Not a parallel universe, just a parallel street...

Five minutes later I was back at Crispycat Towers in what might be called a bit of an "It's a Wonderful life" moment...

Anyway, today, more work on the back up stuff for the new LP, before we headed, firstly, to drummer Keith's to hand in a 2CD set of last week's gig...

Then, to my mum's, where sister Sheila and husband Andrew were already in attendance...

Some chat was undertaken...

We will see my mum and Sheila again on Tuesday for the third anniversary of the passing of sister Pam...

Time does indeed fly as they say...

But does it heal?

It gets easier but it's still not easy to accept...

On to Anne's mum's for the family tea...

She has not quite finished off her painting of the Kirche St. Bartholomä in Bavaria but it's coming along nicely...


Meanwhile Olly tried on some of his grandmother's headgear...


Kitty was rather lacklustre today, having attended a sleepover last night which seems not to have actually involved any sleep...


Home for some tasty jazz fusion...


I feel another pointless podcast coming on...

And some ambient music via Facebook/Bandcamp...

Highlight of the Day : A leisurely morning...

No comments: