Sunday, April 20, 2014

A day spent wandering aimlessly in the rain...

Playlist
Various - iPod Shufflepay
Cloudland Blue Quartet - SS SQ XIX
Various Artists - Denovali Swingfest 2014 London (Festival Sampler)
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Anotherhappyday
The Samuel Jackson Five - The Samuel Jackson Five
Frànçois And The Atlas Mountains - Piano Ombre
Taketi Uloomu - The Fifth Season
Sophie Hunger - The Danger Of Light
Scelsi - Chamber Works for Flute and Piano
Goldstein - Cyclorama
Turina - Trios para piano, violin y cello y Circulo
Various - Soul Jazz Records Singles 2008-2009

Up and packed, breakfasted and out - carrying everything in my bag as I stepped into not such a nice day...


Decided to head to the Tate Modern...


...via London Bridge beneath the Shard...


As I looked over the river it was misty...


I noted I was going to miss the Shakespeare 450th birthday celebrations at the Globe...



Over the wall, the guide's remarks seemed to be causing some element of surprise with one particular audient...


On to the Tate...


As ever, there was an installation in the Turbine Hall...



I decided today to mostly record the environs rather than the art, nothing much having changed since we visited in January...




I did, of course, peruse some of the works on display...




...but did not enter either the Matisse...



..or Hamilton exhibitions - having spent most of my cash on new music...


I did however admire this Hamilton work which was situated outwith the paywall...


Into the small shop...


...and this Gerhard Richter item enticed...


It seems my nephew may have written a book on Mr Hamilton...


I think I probably know enough about Roxy Music...


A wee seat by the window was taken...


On the balcony, an interesting contraption was being used to make a selfie not look so much like a selfie...


Here's my own pathetic effort...


Back inside, a closer view of the Hamilton self-portrait...


...and the outsides of the not gone into exhibitions...



...as my recording of stuff which is not art but, in away, is art, continued...






To the larger shop...


...noting more stuff...





...and shoppers...


...and art stuff...


...and what many people probably think of "Modern" art...


One final pic before deciding to leave...


Alas, while I'd been pottering about inside, a downpour had ensued...






Back inside to wait out the storm...



..eventually donning my hat and heading out into the now not quite so pouring down downpour...


Back to London Bridge...



...and the Tube to Camden...



..which was, as ever, jammed with tourists...


Lunch by the big horse...


Then, to get out of the rain, a bus towards Trafalger Square...



...but alighting near Soho and one last visit to Berwick Street - once again not busy - some of the shops closed for Easter Monday...



I walked up to Oxford St, noting this discarded apple...


...then circled back round via Carnaby Street...


...in the vicinity of which, this wee man was spotted...


I decided I'd had enough of wandering around in the rain and would go to Fopp, buy a book and head to the airport ridiculously early...

However, when I got there, Fopp too was closed...

Back to Soho and one last look in the Record Exchange threw up a 2CD set of Thomas Koner which, of course, I had to shell out on...

Time to head - made my way to Piccadilly and caught the tube to Heathrow...


Checked in super early - frustratingly, the lady advised that, had I been there ten minutes earlier, she could have let me on the 16:25 flight which was just boarding...

In the departure lounge, I noted there were 34 flights ahead of mine...


Rather a lot of sitting around, listening to the iPod, ensued...


At 7:15 we boarded the supposed 7:40 flight...


We took off at 8:15...


...for what was a relaxing flight with free beer and crisps for your correspondent...


Despite the late take off, we landed earlier than scheduled...


A hassle free exit from the airport was followed by a bus to the foot of Crispycat Hill, where the Exec Producer picked me up in the Cloudland Blue mobile...

Home just after 9 or so and the listening and ripping began...

Good to be back after a long and exhausting weekend...

Highlight of the day : Finding an old Koner title...

No comments: