Thursday, April 21, 2005

Someone's Gonna Get Their Head Kicked In Tonite....

I practised three songs from "Deeperdown" today, fully intending to go along to Out of the Bedroom. "Crocodile Song", "Half A Lifetime Away" and "The Gardener" were all sounding pretty good. However, Anne came home and wanted me to stay around after being out earlier this week so I agreed to go along next week.

So that'll be The Czars on Wednesday, OOTB on Thursday, Laurie Anderson on Friday and Stockhausen on Saturday - a busy time. I'm probably still not quite ready to go back tonight anyway - I've not played live now for six months and my cold is still not fully gone - the Sudafed spray I've put up my nose is probably providing me with artificial bravado cold-wise.

Instead I spent the evening listening back to the 14 Deeperdown EPs which i burned this morning - I've decided not to tweak the live tracks but just leave them as is - while designing the artwork. I've retreated from the picture format I posted back at the start of March, as I wanted to do something with the words this time rather than pictures.

Below is the cover for what will be the third EP in the series, "Half A Lifetime Away". All fourteen covers will be the same format.

Next Thursday I'll definitely go to OOTB and do the first three songs (probably...).



Earlier this evening, there was a bit of a stramash outside the house as "The Black and White Cat With the Bell" returned to what is now "Meg The Black Cat"'s territory. Following an initial stand-off, a rather noisy catfight ensued, as the two of them rolled around the garden, hissing, spitting, yowling and scratching. Anne managed to separate them eventually as I stood by watching, dressed only in my shirt, underpants and open-toed sandals (the toe, remember?).

Unfortunately, Meg came off worse, which probably means "The Black and White Cat With the Bell" will turn up again on our outside window sill soon and Meg will move matters that little bit closer to us having to replace our inside window sill.....

Got my cholesterol test results today following the difficult blood-giving a couple of weeks ago - 6.7 - which means nothing on its own - but 5 is around normal while 8 or so means medication. So I need to cut out cakes, crisps, biscuits and dairy products - this could end up being a serious threat to my ovo-lacto vegetarianism....

No comments: